Electrical And Electronics Engineering With Foundation Year (Hons) programme at the University of Bolton is designed to prepare you for a career in this world-changing industry.
The foundation year is the first year of this degree, offering an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of engineering, electronics and mathematics. It’s designed to prepare you for degree-level study.
‘Real world’ engineering knowledge and skills are developed through a combination of theory and practical applications taught in a vibrant and supportive environment. This includes a range of highly specialised modules covering areas such as electromagnetism, embedded systems, digital signal processing, power electronics and renewable energy systems. Your professional development and training are encouraged through hands-on projects, live briefs, industrial visits and work placement opportunities.
You can learn about cutting-edge and emerging technologies, such as Smart Grids that are transforming global electricity delivery systems. There's a significant emphasis on the application of electronic systems that can be embedded in other products that are not necessarily electronic, such as cars, medical devices and industrial systems.
Students at Electrical And Electronics Engineering With Foundation Year (Hons) offered by the University of Bolton will:
- have the opportunity to join the IET as an affiliate member.
- explore introductory concepts that encompass various engineering subjects, including mechanics, mathematics and electrical/electronic engineering.
- be encouraged to benefit from guest lectures and workshops from experts in the field, plus industrial summer work placements that provide practical experience and valuable networking opportunities.
- Engineering Study Skills
- Engineering Technology
- Engineering Environment
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Principles
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 395 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 48 UCAS points.
- Your Level 3 subjects must include a mathematics and science subject; for instance, A-level Mathematics and Physics or BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering.
- You should also have five GCSEs at grade C or above or grade 4 to 9 (or equivalent) including English.
International12150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48600 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37000 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.