Business Management (Hons) (Top Up) (Part time) qualifications at the University of Bolton open doors and are considered essential whether you are looking to pursue a career in business, or achieve higher levels of responsibility in your current work. We’ll support you to enhance your existing Foundation Degree or HND-level knowledge and skills, ready to achieve the status of BSc (Hons) Business Management (Top-up) graduate. You can study advanced aspects of business and management, enhance your professional skills, and boost your employability.
Building on your prior studies, we’ll guide you as you gain knowledge of strategic management, and develop critical inquiry and research skills that support your work and enhance its quality. This flexible Honours-level programme offers a wide choice of modules drawn from our Law, Enterprise, Finance, Supply Chain Management, People Management, Marketing or Retail specialisms, so you’ll have the opportunity to ‘zoom in’ on aspects of the subject you have personal interest and strengths in, or that support your career or further study goals. As a graduate, you’ll also receive the CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management, and some of the modules you choose may offer exemptions from further professional qualifications from institutes such as ACCA and CIM.
Developing your employability is a key focus of this dynamic and flexible programme. Real-life case studies, guest speakers and industry visits are designed to help you to understand the business environment and the needs of employers in local, national and international contexts
We also aim to help you develop lifelong learning skills so that you can take ownership of your professional development for the future, maximising your potential for success.
- The Institute of Management Greater Manchester – and the wider University – provides a warm and friendly environment for your studies, with relatively small class sizes, purpose-built teaching facilities, and excellent student support and library services.
- On successful completion of this dual award course you’ll receive both an academic degree and a professionally-recognised management qualification – the CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management. You don’t need to take extra exams or coursework to achieve the Award – we combine our degree module and CMI assessments streamlining your route to both qualifications.
- We’ll introduce you to your course and new study environment through a bespoke induction programme focused on helping you transition smoothly and effectively to Honours-level study.
- Face-to-face sessions and one-to-one support is offered by our team of highly experienced and enthusiastic lecturers who have worked in a wide range of businesses ranging from multinational organisation to SMEs.
- The University offers excellent 24/7 library and IT facilities, WiFi, and well-appointed learning areas.
Alternative career optionsGraduates can also use the qualification as a stepping stone to enter a range of other careers, and for some of these roles, both relevant experience and/or postgraduate study may be required. Some of these careers include:
- Hotel and leisure management
- Public relations
- Financial management
- Information systems
- Market research analysis
- Product management
- Health policy and information
- Teaching and education
- Media (TV, film, online, newspaper, magazine)
- Auditing and quality assurance
- Project management
- Risk and insurance
- Business Project
- Strategic Management
- International HRM
- Learning and Development
- Work and the Employment Relationship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1300 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You’ll have successfully completed a Foundation Degree in Business Management, or another relevant qualification comprising at least 120 credits at HE4 and 120 credits at HE5, such as a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE).
- We’ll also be happy to consider a professional qualification at an equivalent level.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
The fees for a student’s course of study will be set for the normal duration of that course subject only to inflationary increases – measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) recorded in March each year to take effect for subsequent start dates.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.