On successful completion of the BA in Social Care and Health Studies (Hons) at University of Wolverhampton you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the range and type of formal and informal social care and the legal and policy context of social care in Britain and other European countries
- Demonstrate an understanding of health issues in various contexts, local, national and global and present these in a logical format to others.
- Critically appraise theories about society, welfare states and social care in particular those relating to the impact of inequality and discrimination on social care services and service users.
- Evaluate the determinants of health and demonstrate the relationship between the determinants and inequalities in health in local, national and global terms.
- Demonstrate an effective level of awareness of yourself as a resource for improving and promoting health and achieving health gains through a variety of means.
- Demonstrate an effective level of awareness of the contribution of professional/social care practice, use of information technology and the management and organisation of care environments to the quality of social care provision.
Graduates have gained employment in a wide range of careers, mostly in the public and not for profit sector. Careers in care management, community work, health promotion and medical sales are all accessible for graduates. Others progress to postgraduate courses in Health Studies, Public Health, Social Work, Accredited Nurse Training or teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health as a Social and Cultural Issue
- Images of Inequality
- Informal Social Care in Britain
- Introduction to Health and Well Being
- Introduction to Social Care
- Preparation for Volunteering and Employment within Health and Social Care
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 867 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typical entry requirement: 96 UCAS points
- A Levels - grades CCC / BCD
- BTEC L3 Extended Diploma or OCR Cambridge L3 Technical Extended Diploma - grades MMM
- Access to HE Diploma: 45 L3 credits at Merit
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.