During the Social Work (Hons) programme at the University of Bradford, you’ll learn the latest theory and gain hands-on practical experience, in a research-led learning environment. The programme has been developed in close collaboration with partner social work agencies to ensure you develop the skills you need to excel in this challenging profession.
You will study subjects such as:
- ethics and values in social work
- effective communication
- social policy and legislation
You will learn a range of practice skills to ensure you can work effectively with individuals, families and groups, including the use of art, play and role play.
In years two and three you will develop real-world experience on practice learning modules, enabling you to apply your knowledge in social work settings.
On graduation you will have a wide range of career opportunities open to you in both the public and private sector. You will also have the tools you need to go on to further study, teaching, and research.
There are a wide range of opportunities available in the public sector: in local authorities, the criminal justice field, social service departments, voluntary sector organisations, family service units, resource centres, women’s aid, counselling schemes, residential or day care work, and in both the local and national civil service. Many of our graduates also go on to work in the private sector or go on to further study, teaching and research.
- Social Work Values and Ethics
- Communication Skills - Children and Adults
- Child and Family Social Work
- Working with Adults
- Practice Learning
- Mental Distress across the Life Course
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 715 other Bachelors in Sociology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bradford and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Typical offer - 120 UCAS tariff points.
- We take into consideration a number of factors when assessing your application. It's not just about your grades; we take the time to understand your personal circumstances and make decisions based on your potential to thrive at university and beyond.
- A levels - There are no specific subject requirements.
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DDM - there are no specific subject requirements.
- Applicants on Access Programmes - Meet UCAS Tariff of 120 — there are no specific subject requirements.
- International Baccalaureate requirements - 120 UCAS tariff points to include at least 80 points from 2 HL subjects. Plus HL 3 or SL 4 in Maths and English Language and Literature A or English B.
- Plus minimum of GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or 4 (equivalents accepted).
International18628 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18628 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.