During the Biomedical Engineering (Hons) degree from the University of Bradford, you’ll study disciplines such as:
- rehabilitation engineering – prosthetic / orthotic devices
- biomaterials and implant design
- tissue engineering and wound repair for artificial organs
- genomic coding and genetic engineering
- medical technology – design and manufacturing
All teaching is informed by the latest research, and is delivered by experienced medical engineers and clinical scientists. You’ll also gain professional insight from leading industry partners, and hands-on practical experience in our state-of-the-art engineering laboratories.
A placement year in industry enables you to build contacts whilst developing your skills and professional confidence.
Health authorities in the UK are among the largest employers in Europe and are supported by a large and diverse industrial sector supplying diagnostic and monitoring equipment, orthopaedic devices and artificial organs. The mix of professional engineering and health related skills acquired will enable you to pursue a wide choice of careers in this dynamic and growing sector.
- Further Engineering Mathematics and Statistics
- Clinical Movement Analysis
- Embedded Electronics
- Healthcare Technology Project
- Functional Anatomy and Human Physiological Measurements
- Cell and Tissue Biology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 1211 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer - 112 UCAS tariff points.
- We take into consideration a number of factors when assessing your application. It's not just about your grades; we take the time to understand your personal circumstances and make decisions based on your potential to thrive at university and beyond.
- A levels - To include A-level Maths minimum grade C.
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DMM
- Applicants on Access Programmes - 112 UCAS tariff points from an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Engineering or Science and Engineering - must contain a minimum of 12 credits in Maths at minimum Merit.
- International Baccalaureate requirements - 112 UCAS tariff points to include HL Maths at grade 5. Plus HL 3 or SL 4 in English Language and Literature A or English B.
- Plus minimum of GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or 4 (equivalents accepted).
International21124 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21124 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.