The modern world holds many opportunities for professionals trained in a second language, from translating documents to interpreting in hospitals, courtrooms and businesses, or teaching either in the USA or abroad. With the power of language in your arsenal and the confidence that Foreign Languages and Literature (with a Concentration in Spanish) from Frostburg State University’s experiential curriculum inspires, you’ll be prepared to take on a world-savvy future!
- Gain fluency in Spanish, which the Index of Human Development ranks as the second most important language on Earth, behind English.
- Become an all-star educator by partnering with the College of Education to earn your Teaching Certificate.
- Work with other FSU programs and prepare for a future in a specific field. The Foreign Languages & Literature program is constantly working to expand Language for the Professions courses to meet the needs and interests of students.
- Learn about surprising similarities and wonderful differences among cultures around the world.
- Accelerate your studies and start where you left off – FSU uses the WebCAPE placement exam to start you at a level that matches your language abilities. Find out more about the WebCAPE exam on their website.
- Travel to the farthest corners of the world with the Center for International Education, which offers access to hundreds of universities in over 40 countries. The CIE also coordinates unique partnerships with eight universities and brings students from all across the world to FSU.
- Join a student organization and find new friends! FSU’s foreign language clubs include the Latin American Student Organization, Amnesty International Student Chapter, French Club and Spanish Club.
- Go easy on your wallet. In addition to one of the lowest tuition rates around, Frostburg State offers several scholarships just for foreign language students.
Professionals with fluency in more than one language can find work in almost any field, thanks to our increasingly connected world. Between 2012 and 2022, translators and interpreters in general are expected to see an explosive job growth of 46%, a reflection of the rising need for multilingual professionals. The best prospects await those educated in their field of choice and its specific terminology. In addition to new jobs in schools, hospitals, courtrooms and the military, language specialists will be needed to teach English as a second language to immigrants.
- Spanish Grammar, Composition & Conversation
- Overview of Spanish Language & Culture
- Capstone in Spanish
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: FSU accepts applications on a rolling basis, starting on September 15 and continuing until there is no further space for students
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 1578 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an application for admission and submit your $45 (USD) application fee
- Send your official academic transcripts
- Provide a photocopy of your passport identification page
- Submit an international student certification of financial support
- Pass an English proficiency exam
International21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
National21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6834 USD per year during 48 months.
Regional Resident (Residents of Pa., Va., W.Va. and Ohio living within 120 miles of Frostburg) $15,730/year
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.