The unique additional major program leverages extensive collaborations with sister departments in the College of Engineering and with major medical institutions in Pittsburgh.
This collaborative approach, combined with a rigorous engineering education, confers unique depth and breadth to the education of Biomedical Engineering graduates.
- The Mission of the Carnegie Mellon University is to create a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge; problem solving; leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; and personal health and well-being.
- Modern Biology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Professional Issues in Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering Laboratory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 296 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- $75 application fee*
- Official high school transcript (please review our Academic Requirements)**
- All required standardized testing official score reports, which includes the TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your native language
- Secondary School Counselor Evaluation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Common Application essay
- Carnegie Mellon Common Application Writing Supplement, which includes three short answer questions
- All fine arts applicants to the Schools of Drama and Music are required to arrange required pre-screen, audition or portfolio review.
- All fine art applications to the Schools of Architecture, Art, Design are required to submit required portfolio and creative materials.
- Home schooled applicants should submit an academic portfolio/transcript consistent with their state guidelines and a list of all textbooks used.
International57560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57560 USD per year during 48 months.
National57560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57560 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.