Companies around the world, from global chains to local shops, are turning to electronic options to store their records and keep in contact with customers. Information systems specialists form the vital link that provides businesses with these highly desirable services.
In four years at the Frostburg State University, you could be building databases for a company of your choice or working with a consulting firm, helping a variety of clients with exciting assignments. Whatever your special interests are, a career in Computer Information Systems can find a place for you at a job that makes a difference.
- Prepare yourself with a degree program that includes basic accounting and business management classes – employers will love your well-rounded background and appreciate your skill with both the human and technological aspects of information systems.
- Delve into the ethical obligations and questions around massive electronic information-handling so you have a strong thought process to draw on in the future.
- Start your career as a database administrator, IT manager, systems architect or software quality assurance analyst.
- Explore the new Gira Center for Communication and Information Technologies, a facility designed to give you the best tools available for modern computer science learning.
- Join Upsilon Pi Epsilon, an international honor society for outstanding computer science and information technology students.
- Intern with an industry, government office or small business to develop your skills in a real-world setting and impress your future employers with your experience.
- Develop your best programs and other works into a portfolio that will give you a running start in the Information Technology industry.
Demand for IT experts is increasing as more companies rely more heavily on information technology and electronic communications to keep and process their records. Significant growth is expected in IT consulting firms, which perform various IT management tasks as clients request them.
Healthcare systems are also likely to employ many new IT specialists to handle electronic records and prescriptions, recent technologies that are rapidly revamping the medical field. IT specialists with experience or education in cloud computing, networks or general business may be especially desirable.
- Foundations of Computer Science
- Structured Systems Analysis and Design
- Fundamentals of Computer Networks
- Computer-Based Information Systems
- Database Management Systems
- Knowledge-Based Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: FSU accepts applications on a rolling basis, starting on September 15 and continuing until there is no further space for students
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences View 857 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an application for admission and submit your $45 (USD) application fee
- Send your official academic transcripts
- Provide a photocopy of your passport identification page
- Submit an international student certification of financial support
- Pass an English proficiency exam
International21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
National21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6834 USD per year during 48 months.
Regional Resident (Residents of Pa., Va., W.Va. and Ohio living within 120 miles of Frostburg) $15,730/year
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.