The combination of rigorous coursework and extended classroom experience in the Elementary Education (with Concentration in STEM) course from Frostburg State University has resulted in our graduates being sought-after to fill teaching positions in school districts throughout the region.
In 2013 FSU was approved as the first college or university in Maryland to offer an elementary/middle dual certification program for those wanting to concentrate on middle school education in grades 4-9. Students who choose this option will be eligible for certification in grades 1-9. The Frostburg program is the only program in Maryland to offer dual certification in this area.
- Use our individualized concentration option to build your own degree program around specific teaching interests, such as foreign language, or technology.
- Be part of an elementary education program with a high rate of graduate placement in regional Maryland schools.
- Complete extensive field experiences that prepare you well for a teaching career.
- Join a learning community to develop a deeper understanding of the teaching profession and gain skills that help you become a strong advocate for education and a leader in the field.
- Use FSU educational resources such as the Children’s Literature Center, which integrates our students into the Frostburg community to promote reading and to build skills for working with children of different ages.
- Create and present a portfolio of your work and complete the PRAXIS II content knowledge and pedagogy tests required by the state of Maryland.
- Join the Frostburg Student Education Association and network with other teachers and prospective teachers in the field.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates 12 percent growth in kindergarten and elementary teaching positions through 2022. This is about the average growth anticipated across all occupations. For more information about pay, work environment and other factors affecting this career field, visit U.S. Government Occupational Outlook Handbook - Kindergarten and Elementary School Teachers.
- General Biology
- General, Organic and Biochemistry
- Physical Geography
- General Physics
- The Discipline of Computer Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: FSU accepts applications on a rolling basis, starting on September 15 and continuing until there is no further space for students
DisciplinesEducation Earth Sciences Natural Sciences View 3798 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an application for admission and submit your $45 (USD) application fee
- Send your official academic transcripts
- Provide a photocopy of your passport identification page
- Submit an international student certification of financial support
- Pass an English proficiency exam
International21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
National21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6834 USD per year during 48 months.
Regional Resident (Residents of Pa., Va., W.Va. and Ohio living within 120 miles of Frostburg) $15,730/year
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.