With Engineering - Electrical (Electronic Communication Stream) programme at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology students will be competent to design, implement and control production, testing, planning, construction, commissioning and maintenance in the field of Electrical Engineering by applying technical knowledge, engineering principles, innovative design, problem-solving techniques and managerial skills.
- Graduates apply proven techniques and procedures to the solution of practical engineering problems and may be responsible for technical decision making.
- The career route offers challenging work in all areas of electrical engineering. On completion of this degree, the student will have met the academic requirements of the Engineering Council of SA for registration as a Professional Technologist.
- Industrial Project
- Electric And Magnetic Field Theory
- Electronic Communication
- Engineering Mathematics
- Radio Engineering
- Electronic Communication Systems
- Microwave Engineering
- Signal Processing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Communications Engineering View 21 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Passes of at least five different subjects of the IGCSE and HIGCSE study levels, of which at least two are HIGCSE level subjects.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- All qualification documents, i.e. the highest school certificate issued by the official examining body.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International1880 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1880 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1880 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1880 EUR per year during 12 months.
Estimated fee: 31990 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.