The BA in Drama (Hons) at University of Wolverhampton also provides students with an opportunity to look beyond the role of the performer and consider the importance of designing, devising, directing, writing and teaching in performing arts.
You will take a practical approach to these disciplines, developing physical and vocal performance skills alongside creative thinking and your work will be underpinned by critical performance theory.
What skills will you gain?
- Vocal skills including breath control, voice control and delivery
- Physical skills such as stage combat and physical theatre
- Applications of drama including workshop facilitation, theatre in education, theatre in museums and teaching experience
- Devising skills and the ability to take an imaginative approach to performance making
- Ability to work as a creative collaborator
- Ability to analyse, critique and evaluate drama, theatre and performance
The course has a strong focus on employability and enterprise that leads to a diverse range of career opportunities for graduates, these include teaching, performing, directing, working as a playwright, casting agent, stage manager, technician or designer. Previous graduates are also employed in arts administration, media, marketing and management.
Alternatively, you could continue your academic studies by progressing on to our MA in Contemporary Theatre and Performance (or other MA courses) and then eventually to a PhD. Following the degree you might also consider going on to train to teach, either through a PGCE course or a Graduate Teacher Programme.
- Applied Drama: Setting the Context
- Performance Analysis: Fundamentals in Drama
- Performance: The Public Performer
- Practical Approaches: Performance Skills
- Scenography: Visualising the Text
- Text: Challenging Conventions
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 778 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typical entry requirement: 96 UCAS points
- A Levels - grades CCC / BCD
- BTEC L3 Extended Diploma or OCR Cambridge L3 Technical Extended Diploma - grades MMM
- Access to HE Diploma: 45 L3 credits at Merit
- Rock School (RSL) L3 Extended Diploma in Creative and Performing Arts - grade M
- UAL L3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts and Production Arts - grade M
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Home - Part-time - £3100 per year
International - Part-time - £6475 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.