Graphic design is seen, felt and experienced everywhere. Once focused on objects, graphic design is now increasingly concerned with contexts. Graphic designers inform, confront, persuade, entertain, provoke, challenge, question, direct and engage with the political, social and environmental issues of the world we live in.
The aim of the Graphic Design (Hons) course from University of Derby is to create passionate, creative, resourceful, entrepreneurial and adaptive problem-finders, who are prepared both technically and intellectually to embrace and exploit the opportunities that graphic design offers in the 21st Century.
Being a graphic designer is fun, stimulating and inspiring. Designers are creative problem-finders and solvers. You will be challenged to think differently, even professional designers are constantly developing their skills. There are always new trends, new technologies, new ideas, and new sources of inspiration – a creative mind never stops learning. It is more than just a job – it's a way of life.
As a graduate you could work in a design studio, freelance, art direction, editorial design, typography, branding, advertising, corporate identity, interactive media, signage, design consultancy or online design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graphic Design Connections
- Discovering Graphic Design
- Graphic Design: Culture and Curiosity
- Graphic Design Process
- Exploring Visual Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design Liberal Arts View 258 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 112 (up to 16 from AS-levels)
- Specific requirements at GCSE - GCSE Maths and English Grade C/Grade 4 (or above) or equivalent qualification
- BTEC - DMM
- Access to HE Diploma 60 credits: 45 at level 3 with a minimum of Dist: 15 Merit: 24 Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.