The International Relations program offered by The University of the West Indies helps students better understand the international system in which we live and hence provide the opportunity to influence governmental decisions.
Students who do a degree in International relations learn about the inter-connected relationships between and among countries, governments,local and international organizations, businesses as well as groups and people.
International Relations draws on other disciplines, such as geography, history, cybercrime and cyber-terrorism, sociology, political science, population studies, human rights, diplomacy, economics, languages, psychology, anthropology, security studies and law.
Upon completion of their specialisation in International Relations, students are employed in the government service, in theforeign service, in Embassies and High Commissions, in international and regional organisations, in non-governmental organisations, in academia and in the private sector.
Among other areas, our International Relations graduates obtain positions as:
- Consulate Representative
- Foreign Affairs Analyst
- Humanitarian Relief Worker
- Import/Export Coordinator
- Intelligence Officer
- Intelligence Research Specialist
- International Account Executive
- International Bank Trainee
- International Hotel Manager
- International Lawyer
- International Business Consultant
- International Relations Officer
- International Relations Professor
- International Marketing Manager
- Politics of the Caribbean
- Research Methods in Governance
- International Relations: Theories and Approaches
- Principles of Public International Law
- International and Regional Organizations
- International Political Economy
- Contemporary Issues of International Relations
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications received before the deadline will be given priority consideration, those received after may be considered if there are still places available.
DisciplinesHistory International Relations Terrorism & Security View 14 other Bachelors in History in Jamaica
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of the West Indies and/or in Jamaica, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CXC/CSEC or GCE O’Level passes in a minimum of five (5) subjects. Compulsory subject requirements are Mathematics and English Language. Grade requirements for CXC/CSEC are General Proficiency, Grades I or II pre-1998 and Grades I, II, or III from June 1998
- CAPE or GCE A’Level passes in a minimum of two (2) subjects. CAPE subjects must consist of both Unit 1 and Unit 2
- or An Associate degree, Diploma and/or Certificate from other approved tertiary institutions having attained a B+ average or a minimum GPA of 2.5
- or High School Grade 12 transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum SATI score of 1700 plus a minimum of two (2) SAT II subjects at a score of 500 or
- above or successful completion of Advanced Placement Courses or the International Baccalaureate programme.
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 36 months.
National3221 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3221 USD per year during 36 months.
- Sponsored Students from Contributing Countries J$292,348
- Non-Sponsored Students from Contributing Countries J$495,907
- NonContributing Countries J$1,487,868
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.