With a strong emphasis on problem-solving and communicating scientific findings, you'll study everything from crime scene investigation and laboratory analysis, to interpreting, evaluating and presenting evidence.
Learn to use forensic instruments in our industry-standard laboratories and apply your scientific knowledge at simulated crime scenes in our specially-adapted Crime Scene House.
Careers / Further study
Forensic science graduates go into varied types of laboratory work, and a significant number become science teachers.
The scientific problem solving, numerical and communication skills you'll gain will also put you in a strong position for working in other sectors, from financial services to law.
Graduates of the Forensic Science at the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) have gone onto work with some of the country's largest forensic science providers, including LGC Forensics, Orchid Cellmark and Key Forensics, as well as in a range of roles with the Police.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Analytical Science
- Forensic Analysis and Toxicology
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Forensic Psychology
- Professional Practices in Applied Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science View 207 other Bachelors in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 120
- GCSE: Grade C/4 or above in English Language or Literature, Mathematics and Double Science, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: Grade B in Biology or Chemistry.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: You will need a minimum of five units in Biology or Chemistry. You may be asked to do more based on the size of your units. Please list the units you are studying in your application.
- Access: 15 Level 3 credits at Distinction in Biology or Chemistry.
- Baccalaureate IB: A minimum Grade 6 in Higher Level Biology or Chemistry.
- Irish Highers: H1 in Biology or Chemistry.
- T Levels: You must be studying Science. For further advice on acceptable subjects please email us.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.