The Aeronautical Engineering (Including Foundation Year) (Hons) degree from University of South Wales was developed in close consultation with industry professional bodies, including and the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) to boost your employability.
You’ll study the engineering principles needed for a career in the aerospace industry, and you’ll gain practical experience on campus in our state-of-the-art Aerospace Centre. Weather permitting, you’ll also take to the skies with flight test lessons in your final year.
We have strong links with the regional aviation industry, which includes GE Aviation, Rolls Royce, BAMC, Nordam Europe, TES Aviation Group, Storm Aviation and other members within the Aerospace Wales Forum. Graduates from our Aeronautical Engineering degree are in high demand not only in the UK, but also in the civil and defence sectors worldwide. Some of the UK-based companies with which our students work include GE Aviation, Storm Aviation, Airbus, BAMC and TES Aviation.
This Aeronautical Engineering course is fully accredited to Incorporated Engineer status by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Further Foundation Maths for Engineers
- Essential Engineering Skills
- Engineering Project
- Foundation Engineering Principles
- English for Engineering (optional)
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 42 other Bachelors in Transportation Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer: EE
- Typical BTEC Offer: BTEC Extended Diploma Pass Pass Pass or BTEC Diploma Pass Pass
- Typical IB Offer: Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 80 UCAS tariff points from Higher Levels
- Typical Access to HE Offer: Pass the Access to HE Diploma and obtain a minimum of 80 UCAS tariff points
- Additional Requirements: GCSEs: The University normally requires a minimum 3 GCSEs including Mathematics/Numeracy and English at Grade C or Grade 4 or above, or their equivalent, but consideration is given to individual circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.