This course provides a solid foundation for a career in areas including fashion photography, styling, publishing, fashion film, forecasting, creative and art direction, picture editing, visual promotion, social media and multi-platform thinking. You will be encouraged to approach your work creatively and experimentally and think critically about topics. Fashion Communication with Business Studies (Hons) is offered by University of Brighton.
Fashion at Brighton is internationally respected and you will work closely with designers from fashion and textiles courses, undertaking projects that mirror industry practices. You will specialise in your second year. You’ll learn from industry professionals and business studies forms an integral part of the course – you will learn to prepare business plans and think in terms of enterprise and entrepreneurship.
Your Fashion Communication with Business Studies degree provides subject knowledge and expertise and opportunities to put what you learn into practice with work-related experience.
- You will develop valuable transferable skills such as a critical thinking and writing, independent research and analysis.
- The course will equip you with excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Live briefs from companies which have included Puma or WGSN, give you industry insight and experience.
- Projects could include producing publications with each student taking on a specific role such as photographer, writer, editor, stylist etc.
- A programme of visiting industry professionals give you a window a window into the fashion and publishing industry.
- Study Skills in the Creative Industries
- Fashion Photography and Styling
- Fashion Illustration and Imaging
- Visual Promotion
- Market Research and Business in the Creative Industries
- Design and Culture Under Scrutiny
- Fashion photography and styling
- Fashion imaging, film and interaction
- Visual promotion
- Fashion Communication Research, Investigation and Proposal – Theory and Practice
- Fashion Communication Final Project and Portfolio
- Design Management and Business Plan
Mark Wells, course leader, is a senior lecturer at the University of Brighton and a practising interaction designer. His research interests explore the intersectionality of the digital and analogue spaces.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 256 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels or BTEC
Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBB–BCC (120–104 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DDM–MMM.
- International Baccalaureate
- Access to HE diploma
Pass with 60 credits overall. Art and design courses preferred. At least 45 credits at level 3, and 30 credits must be at merit or above.
- Art foundation diploma
Pass. A foundation diploma is not a requirement for entry – it is just one of a range of qualifications that is accepted for admission to this course.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.