The Business Management with Placement Year (Hons) course at the University of Brighton provides a solid foundation in business and management and opportunities to tailor your learning. You will graduate prepared for roles in general management and for more specialist careers - in employee relations, marketing, recruitment and selection as well as roles in accountancy, risk management and consultancy.
Core learning covers law, marketing, finance, people management, strategy, business operations and systems. You will develop a sound knowledge of key business functions and how they work together, as well as an appreciation of factors including sustainability, customer and market requirements, competition, and economic, political and technological change.
Throughout the course you will develop confidence and expertise in analysis, business communication, teamwork, and transferable skills in preparing briefs, plans and reports, presenting, budgeting and evaluation.
We also help you prepare for your career through:
- Brighton Business school placement and recruitment events held twice a year involving a range of well-known, national companies as well as smaller, local businesses
- regular employability weeks with activities to boost your employability
- a dedicated Placements and Employability team who support you in developing your employability and securing a work placement
- you will also have access to JobTeaser, an online placements system presenting placement options in the UK and across Europe.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- Business Economics
- Principles of Marketing
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Financial Knowledge and Skills for Business
- Enterprise Project and Skills
- Managing Systems and Operations
- International Business Analysis
- Business Law
- Business Problem Solutions
- Business Strategy
- Managing and Developing People
- Placement Project
Dr. Andrew Grantham is a Senior Lecturer and course leader for the Business and Business Management with Economics, with Finance and with Human Resource Management degrees.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Management Studies View 1422 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels or BTEC
Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBB–BCC (120–104 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DMM–MMM. Our conditional offers typically fall within this range.
- International Baccalaureate
26 points, with three subjects at Higher level.
- Access to HE Diploma
Pass with 60 credits overall. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 24 credits at merit.
- Foundation degree/HND
May enable you to start the course in year 2. Relevant subjects required.
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.