The MSci Zoology with Professional studies enables students to develop knowledge and understanding of:
- Concepts and theories from the molecular and cellular levels through to the whole-organism.
- The principles and study of animals from the molecular to the community level.
- The importance of zoonotic diseases.
- Practical laboratory skills to investigate and manipulate biological material including relevant physical, chemical and biological measurements and their application in a research project.
- Collation, quantitative analysis and interpretation of experimental data, including problem-solving.
- Communication and application of knowledge on the biological sciences.
- The use of computers for data management and presentation.
- Intellectual, personal and team skills for employment and further study
- How to carry out Masters level research.
Graduates of the Zoology programme at Queen's University Belfast pursue careers in teaching, nature conservation and laboratory-based posts in biomedical, industrial, pharmaceutical, academic and government institutions as well as in universities and colleges of higher education.
The remainder undertake further training in areas such as computing, administration and management or medicine (human or veterinary), developing their skills from a sound scientific background. Further training also helps them to find employment in a variety of non-biological careers , including public service administration, industrial management, accountancy and computing.
Employers are looking for graduates with generic skills of communication, problem-solving, data analysis, social skills, a range of interests and a record of success. We believe that a degree in Zoology will help our students to develop these skills. For further information on careers see the Institute of Biology website.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coastal and Oceanic Biology
- Animal Biology and Physiology
- Cell Biology
- Invertebrate Biology
- Applied Ecology
- Applied Genetics
- Microbes in Action
- Work Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 26 January - the 'equal consideration' deadline for this course.
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences Ecology Genetics View 427 other Bachelors in Genetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- AAB including Biology and at least one from Chemistry (preferred), Geography, Mathematics or Physics + GCSE Chemistry grade C or + GCSE Double Award Science grades CC + GCSE Mathematics grade C
- AAB including Double Award Applied Science or Double Award Life & Health Sciences + GCSE Biology and Chemistry grade C or GCSE Double Award Science grades CC + GCSE Mathematics grade C
- AAA including Biology + GCSE Chemistry grade C or GCSE Double Award Science grades CC + GCSE Mathematics grade C.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21400 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4530 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,530
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,530
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £21,400
- International £21,400
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.