Manchester has a long history of leading developments in textile technology, and unique research facilities in this field. Through specialist options in advanced textiles manufacturing performance enhancement, and technical textiles you will gain specialist skills to become an expert textiles technology professional. As with all our MEng courses, the six-month research project and optional industrial placement will allow you to put these skills into practice and demonstrate your capabilities to potential employers
Aims of the Materials Science and Engineering with Textiles Technology course offered at The University of Manchester
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum in Materials Science and Engineering, meeting the requirements for accreditation with the professional body, in order to equip students with the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to pursue successful careers in both industrial and research environments.
- Provide a teaching environment in which undergraduate students can interact with academic staff at the forefront of research in Materials Science and Engineering, through advanced course units and project work.
- Foster subject-specific and transferable skills, including experience of materials processing and characterisation methods, oral and written communication, group work and IT skills.
- Provide students with effective academic and pastoral support, to cater for students from a wide range of educational backgrounds and enable all students to achieve their full potential.
- Monitor, review and enhance educational provision to ensure that it remains relevant to the needs of student progression and to current developments in research and industry.
- Physics of Materials
- Equilibrium Thermodynamics
- Microstructures of Materials
- Computing & Communication
- Preliminary Chemistry Materials
- Mechanical Behaviour
- Structure of Solids
- Functional Properties
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 244 other Bachelors in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grades AAA. This should include two subjects from Maths, Physics and Chemistry. If you are not taking A Level Maths, Grade A at GCSE Maths is required.
- We do not normally make offers based on AS Level. However, each application is treated on an individual basis,
- The University of Manchester welcomes the provision of unit information where available. Like all other information provided by applicants this may be taken into consideration when assessing your application. Unit grades will not normally form part of an offer conditions.
International28000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.