You'll examine issues around children's place in society, education, special educational needs, children's learning and development, language and reasoning and environments for children.
Exploring issues affecting children between birth and eight years old, you'll link theory to practice, and understand social, psychological and philosophical factors in children's lives, learning and development.
Careers / Further study
Tailoring what and how you study, you can shape the course towards your chosen career path.
Your skills will prepare you for a range of managerial careers in childcare or educational settings, children's services and family support.
You'll be qualified to work in early years setting at level 3, or if you've taken the relevant optional modules, at level 6.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Children in Society, Past and Present
- Exploring Play in Early Childhood
- Working with all Children and exploring SEN (with experience in EY settings)
- The Developing Child
- Responsibilities, Leadership and Professional Futures.
- Comparative Early Childhood Policy and Provision
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 543 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 64
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: no specific subjects required.
All applicants will also require:
- GCSE subjects: Grade C/4 in English Literature or Language, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificates in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as suitable alternatives to GCSEs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.