Through a broad mix of modules, and the support of our staff who are leaders in their field, you'll engage with real issues, and develop fresh insights and solutions to address crime and support the people affected by it.
Learn to evaluate evidence, approach issues from multiple perspectives, and build your expertise in research, analysis and communication.
You'll carry out your own research projects, hear from guest speakers, and take part in work-based learning through our links with organisations such as the Bristol Youth Education Service, Gloucester Community Services and Avon and Somerset police.
Careers / Further study
The Criminology and Sociology (with Foundation Year) (Hons) at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) gives you an understanding of people, society and social groups that will equip you to make a valuable contribution whatever career you choose.
Our graduates are in demand by employers for their understanding of individuals, social institutions and processes. And their research, IT literacy and numeracy skills.
Many choose to work in the public sector in local or central government, the civil service, healthcare, the justice service or education. Others go into journalism, politics, public relations or HR.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theorising Social Life
- Nature and Use of Research (Sociology)
- Developing Self and Society (Sociology)
- Contemporary Perspectives in Criminology
- Gender and Society
- Love, Intimacy and Personal Life: The Sociology of Families
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Criminal Law Criminology View 447 other Bachelors in Criminal Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 48
- GCSE: Grade C/4 or above in English Language or Literature and Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: No specific subjects required.
- T Levels: No specific subjects required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.