Gain a solid grounding in criminological research methods and practice. Develop valuable legal skills such as mooting and negotiating alongside your academic studies. Graduate with crucial skills that enhance your employability and prepare you for diverse careers in law or criminology.
This hands-on course gives you real-world insight and helps you develop professional abilities through community engagement and work-based learning.
You'll study both law and criminology in equal measure in your first year and then opt to major in one or the other from year two.
Careers / Further study
Criminology and Law students are highly valued by employers because of their broad skillset and knowledge base.
This Criminology and Law (Hons) at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) combination leads naturally to a career in criminal law. If you major in law, you could pursue a career as a solicitor, barrister, legal adviser, legal executive or paralegal.
You could also begin a career in HR, finance, teaching, advice and charity work or the public sector.
- Foundations for Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminology in Action: Engaging with the Real World
- Nature and Use of Research
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 487 other Bachelors in Criminology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 112
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: no specific subjects required.
- GCSE subjects: Grade C/4 in English Literature or Language and Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificates in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as alternatives to GCSEs.
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.