You'll get a strong grounding in modern biomedicine, and study the basic scientific core subjects and the biology of disease, alongside specialist biomedical subjects.
Gain wide-ranging experience and develop expertise in the areas that interest you most.
Work at the cutting-edge of biomedical science, using highly specialised equipment.
Build essential practical experience through placements and internships.
If you choose the sandwich option, you'll spend your third year working with an employer or at another university, in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, research or wider sector. This could be in the UK, in Europe or further afield.
Careers / Further study
You'll graduate with the insight, tools and practical experience to make a valuable contribution to the health of the community.
Most graduates follow careers in biological sciences, particularly research and development work in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and education sectors.
As well as preparing you for research and laboratory-based jobs, the Biomedical Science (with Foundation Year) at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) will give you the transferable skills employers value in a wide variety of roles, from medical sales and scientific writing, to quality control and health and safety.
Some graduates use their qualification to successfully apply for mature entry to medicine degrees, while others continue with MPhil/PhD research degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Applied Scientific Practice
- Studies in the Biology of Disease
- Blood Science
- Cell Signalling
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Tissue and Tumour Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 948 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 48
- GCSE: Grade C/4 or above in English Language or Literature, Mathematics and Double Science, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: A minimum of an AS in a Science subject
- Relevant subjects: Subjects that meet the Science requirement for this course: Applied Science, Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science/Studies, Geography, Geology, Maths. Use of Maths, Physics, Psychology, Science in the Environment, Statistics.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: Six units in a Science subject. Please list the units you are studying in your application.
- Access: Level 3 credits in Science.
- Baccalaureate IB: To include Science at Higher Level.
- Irish Highers: A minimum of O4 in a Science subject.
- T Levels: You must be studying Science. For further advice on acceptable subjects please email us.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.