The fully accredited BSc Biomedical Science (Hons) programme at University of Surrey has been developed to allow you the option to obtain to pursue a career as a registered biomedical scientist in the healthcare sector, as it satisfies the requirements of the Institute of Biomedical Science. This is in addition to the many other career options open to students graduating from this course.
In your first year, you’ll develop a broad range of skills that give you an excellent foundation on which you can build across the rest of your course. The modular structure of the BSc Biomedical Science allows you to pursue the subjects essential to your qualification while also giving you the flexibility to study other topics that interest you.
The BSc and MSci Biomedical Science courses are in-depth science degrees, which can lead to further study and research for a higher degree. We developed the course to allow you to obtain a professional qualification that will enable you to successfully pursue a career as a biomedical scientist in the NHS, a path that now offers excellent career prospects.
Graduates have typically gone on to become, for example, postgraduate researchers or biomedical scientists within the NHS. Many have entered the related pharmaceutical industry, and some have gained entry to medical and dental programmes. Biomedical science graduates have gone on to roles such as:
- Biomedical Scientist, Ashford and St Peter's NHS Trust
- Senior Assistant Technician Officer, Viapath
- Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medway Maritime Hospital
- Product Stability & Data Scientist, Allergy Therapeutics Ltd
- Biomedical Scientist, Charing Cross Hospital
- Laboratory Scientist, Francis Crick Cancer Research UK
- Clinical Project Administrator, Sanofi
- Cell Biology
- Microbiology: An Introduction to the Microbial World
- Current Topics in Biosciences
- Introduction to Principles of Physiology and Practical
- Practical and Biomedical Bacteriology
- Biochemistry - A Conceptual Overview
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 148 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects: Biology or Chemistry and a second science or Mathematics.
GCSE or equivalent: English Language at Grade C(4) and Mathematics at Grade C(4) (or equivalent). Applicants must have achieved these grades at the time of making their application.
- Foundation year: A-level CCD (or equivalent) to include one Science A-level.
- GCSE or equivalent: English Language and Mathematics at grade C(4) (or equivalent).
International23100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Guildford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.