The Spanish program of University of Wisconsin - Whitewater will:
- provide engaging, expert instruction in the areas of Spanish language, including Professional Spanish, as well as in-depth study of the literatures and civilizations of the Spanish-speaking world.
- offer opportunities for further immersion and exploration through faculty-led travel study courses, course-embedded service learning opportunities, independent studies, internships, and faculty-supported student organizations.
How many times have you been told, "Minor or double major in Spanish; it will help you get a job"?
Of course, like any other advice given to you by well-wishers, there is some truth to this adage. Perhaps they failed to tell you that, in addition to Spanish classes, it is important what you do outside the classroom. Today, many students have caught the Spanish wave and are opting to minor or major in Spanish. At UW-Whitewater alone, Spanish is the largest minor. So how can you make your minor truly matter and stand out among the others who merely have it as a line on their resume? Take part in the many High Impact Practices that are available to you during your college years. Here are just a few:
- Study abroad
- Volunteer in the Latino/Hispanic Community
- Join student organizations that allow you to speak and use Spanish
- Intern with a company or organization that allows you to use your Spanish skills
- Take classes that contain a Service Learning component
- Do undergraduate research in or related to the Latino/Hispanic Community
- Work as a tutor or supplemental instructor for a beginning Spanish class
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Beginning Spanish
- Spanish Phonetics
- Spanish for Spanish Speakers
- Literature of Spain
- Literature of Latin America
- Spanish Civilization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Linguistics View 2279 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an application and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee
- A copy of your high school transcript
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- Submit the Certification of Finances Form
- Submit a bank statement showing enough liquid funds to cover the total cost outlined here
- Submit the biographical page in your passport electronically
International16416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16416 USD per year during 48 months.
National16416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16416 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7694 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.