The Liberal Studies program of University of Wisconsin - Whitewater allows courses of study that are flexible and/or online and is, therefore, a good fit for students whose interests fall outside a discipline-specific major, transfer students, and returning students. The Liberal Studies program helps students contextualize their learning through the lens of liberal education and personal and social responsibility, acquire skills in writing, research, and communication, gain breadth of knowledge in arts, humanities, social sciences, and physical sciences, and pursue specialization in a minor or focus area.
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of their Liberal Studies program, students will be able to:
- Think critically, integrate and synthesize knowledge from diverse perspectives and evaluate complex information
- Make informed ethical and value judgments
- Understand and explain the value of a liberal education
- Apply the concepts and methodologies of the liberal arts to understand issues in society and in one's own life
- Communicate effectively in written form
- Effectively utilize intellectual and practical skills-- including analytical skills, research methods, and/or computer skills
- Effectively utilize expression skills-- including communicating creatively, orally, or in a language other than English
- Demonstrate a base of knowledge from various disciplines-- including arts & humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences
- Demonstrate a base of knowledge about cultures within North America & Europe
- Demonstrate a base of knowledge about cultures outside North America & Europe
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Liberal Studies
- Personal & Social Responsibility
- Writing Skills
- North American & European Cultural Heritage
- Society and Identity
- Global Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Language Studies Liberal Arts View 1629 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an application and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee
- A copy of your high school transcript
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- Submit the Certification of Finances Form
- Submit a bank statement showing enough liquid funds to cover the total cost outlined here
- Submit the biographical page in your passport electronically
International16416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16416 USD per year during 48 months.
National16416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16416 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7694 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.