The Neuroscience program at Rice University offers a broad range of introductory and advanced courses that lead to either a Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree with a Major in Neuroscience or a Minor in Neuroscience.
Upon completing the BA degree with a major in Neuroscience, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the biological basis for brain and neuron function and experimental strategies that led to our current understanding of brain and neuron function.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the key issues, questions, and perspectives that define systems neuroscience.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and interpret neuro-scientific data.
- Understand multiple experimental methods to measure and manipulate brain activity.
- Demonstrate how to apply the modern scientific method, including designing and executing experiments, and collecting, analyzing, and interpreting meaningful data.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals Of Cellular And Molecular Neuroscience
- Cognitive Neuroscience: Exploring The Living Brain
- Fundamental Neuroscience Systems
- Experimental Physiology
- Experimental Cell And Molecular Neuroscience
- Advanced Cell And Molecular Neuroscience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience View 339 other Bachelors in Neuroscience in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Coalition Application or the Common Application and Rice writing supplement
- $75 nonrefundable application fee (must be paid online)
- Official high school transcript in English (or a certified English translation)
- Recommendation Letters
- Early decision agreement
- Demonstration of English proficiency
- International Student Financial Statement
International52070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52070 USD per year during 48 months.
National52070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.