Why study with us?
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your Mechatronics Engineering (Honours) - Mathematics program from University of Newcastle.
- Travel the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia. You can even start while you’re studying with international exchanges and scholarships available.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your combined engineering degree.
Mechatronic engineers play an essential role in a growing number of fields. They might take up careers in the robotics, aerospace, chemical, defence, automotive, marine, manufacturing, mining or finance industries. Average starting salaries for engineers are great – more than $80,000 per annum.
Mechatronic Engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- industrial automation engineer
- robotics designer
- smart infrastructure designer
- avionics engineer
- data communications engineer
It’s also common for engineers to take on senior leadership roles in innovative businesses. The CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers. In fact, engineering is the most common degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs!
The combined degree advantage: Your advanced mathematics skills will help ensure you can progress to senior engineering roles, explore research and development fields or open up other possibilities in data analysis, finance, stock-market prediction, risk analysis.
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering
- Digital and Computer Electronics
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
- Mathematical Modelling
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- 60 months
- 144 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mathematics Mechatronics View 168 other Bachelors in Mathematics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 088936B
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
International37330 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37330 AUD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.