On the Surveying - Quantity (Hons) degree offered at the Robert Gordon University you will develop a range of skills relating to the built environment including; managing tasks and solving problems, applying numeracy, as well as design, technology and management skills and communication.
You will also gain skills in construction technology, cost planning, contract administration, building economics and measurement.
Ranked 8th in the UK for student satisfaction in Building - Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 - published September 2018
Surveying equips you with a skill set that opens many alternative doors including careers in built heritage conservation, contracting, project and supply chain management and procurement. Both building and quantity surveying graduates are sought by a wide variety of employers for their transferable skills, commercial, financial and business acumen, and their technical abilities.
Quantity Surveyors can be employed in the private and public sector, work for consultancies and contractors. On graduation opportunities exist in the fields of surveying practice, construction, heavy and civil engineering, supply chain management for the energy and petro-chemical industries and local and national government.
Many of our surveying graduates currently hold senior positions in a variety of companies and organisations. A recent RGU graduate is employed by KPMG, whilst another is developing their career with Aberdeen Asset Management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Building Technology
- Introduction To Building Design
- Built Environment Communication and Scholarship Skills
- Surveying Methods
- Management for the Built Environment
- Environment and Services
- Value and Cost Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management View 66 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: BBCC to include English. Maths or a science subject is required at National 5 grade C or above if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: CCC to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English). Maths or a science subject is required at GCSE grade 5/C or above if not held at A Level.
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H3H3H3H3 to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English). Maths or a science subject is required at grade O3 or above if not held at Higher.
- IB Diploma: 26 to include Higher Level English (or a written subject requiring the use of English). Maths is required at Standard Level grade 4 or above if not held at Higher Level.
International15040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15040 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.