At the Robert Gordon University studying the Forensic and Analytical Science (Hons) involves the analysis of biological, chemical or physical samples collected as evidence during a criminal investigation. As a Forensic Scientist you will provide crucial scientific evidence which may link a suspect to the scene of the crime, the victim, or the weapon.
The key problem-solving and analytical skills developed in forensic and analytical science are widely sought after in many other industrial sectors including the oil, gas, pharmaceutical, and food industries.
A diverse range of opportunities within the Scottish Police Services Authority and Forensic Science Laboratories are available, including scene examination, fire investigation, laboratory analysis and health and safety, and police graduate entry. Alternatively, a number of students opt for careers in industry in which employment prospects are particularly good (including pharmaceutical, oil and biotechnology).
- Applied Microbiology
- Chemistry For Life Sciences
- Biology for Life Sciences
- Biomolecular Science
- Analytical Techniques for Life Sciences
- Practical Skills for Life Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Forensic Science Biochemistry View 637 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: BBBC to include Chemistry and one further science from Biology/Human Biology, Maths or Physics or Environmental Science. English and Maths are required at National 5 grade B or above if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: BCC to include Chemistry and one further science from Biology/Human Biology, Maths or Physics or Environmental Science. English and Maths are required at GCSE grade 6 or above if not held at A Level.
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H2H3H3H3 to include Chemistry and one further science from Biology/Human Biology, Maths and Physics, English and Maths are required at grade O2 or above if not held at Higher.
- IB Diploma: 27 to include Higher Level Chemistry at grade 5 plus one further science from Biology, Maths or Physics at Higher Level. English and Maths are required at a minimum of Standard Level grade 4 if not held at Higher Level.
International15040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15040 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
Rest of UK and EU Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.