At the Robert Gordon University studying the BA Commercial Photography you will explore the work of key practitioners and further enhance your understanding of photography within historical, cultural and economic contexts.
You will have the opportunity to participate in new business start-up activities with our Enterprise Partners Network, which will encourage you to adopt an entrepreneurial outlook.
Within the course you will also have the opportunity to take additional elective modules that enable articulation onto the BA (Hons) Communication Design and specialise in the photography pathways.
On completion of the course, you will have the knowledge and skills to explore a photography career in the following industries: advertising, photo journalism, corporate, food, fashion and sport (studio-based and location-based).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical and Contextual Studies (Commercial Context)
- Commercial Practice (Diagnostic Elective Projects)
- Contextual & Critical Studies - Exploring Critical Themes
- Professional Design Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 672 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Higher National Diploma: A relevant HND from one of our partner colleges will be considered for entry into Year 3 subject to successfully meeting the partner course criteria.
- All advanced entry applicants with the appropriate qualifications (or due to sit appropriate qualifications) and who successfully meet the criteria stated will be invited to attend an 'advanced' portfolio review/interview and participate in a selection process.
- Interview/ Portfolio review
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.