At the Robert Gordon University studying the BSc Applied Bioscience (Hons) you will be suitably qualified to enter a range of professions due to the study of a wide-variety of topics, including microbiology, biotechnology, bioanalysis, molecular biology and genetics, plant biology and environmental science. Because of the highly-practical nature of the course you will be well-prepared for the working world, and have the skills to adapt to changes throughout your career.
The course also covers aspects of ethics in science as well as the communication of science to the public - a government priority.
You will find Bioscientists working all over the world in a diverse range of settings including research and development laboratories (for example microbiology, marine science and immunology), biotechnology companies, classrooms, sales representatives and the food and drink industry.
On completion of the course you will have a wide-range of career options in the field of biosciences. Many of our graduates find employment within private or public sector research. This could be within university, government, NHS, commercial or charity-funded laboratories. Other opportunities for graduates are varied and include forensic analysis and environmental consultancy, scientific publishing, and secondary school teaching. You may also decide to continue your studies and specialise with a Master’s degree, or develop your research skills with a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Microbiology
- Ecology And Ecosystems
- Chemistry For Life Sciences
- Biology for Life Sciences
- Biomolecular Science
- Ecology And Ecosystems
- Analytical Techniques for Life Sciences
- Practical Skills for Life Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Genetics View 669 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: BBCC including Biology/Human Biology, plus one other science such as Environmental Science. Chemistry, English and Maths are required at National 5 level Grade B if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: CCC to include Biology plus one other science such as Environmental Science. Chemistry, English and Maths are required at GCSE Grade B or above if not held at A Level.
- IB Diploma: 26 to include Higher Level in Biology at Grade 5 and one further science. Standard Level English and Maths and is required at Grade 4 if not held at Higher Level.
International15040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15040 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.