This Product Design Engineering - Sandwich degree at Queen's University Belfast develops the technical, personal, interpersonal and professional skills necessary to do that. It is a variant of the Mechanical Engineering degree, which focuses on design process methodology, materials, manufacturing and analysis.
Graduates have been successful in gaining high-quality jobs in the discipline of product design engineering. The majority are working in manufacturing companies or design consultancies in the UK and Ireland. Their broad skill sets and experience have enabled them to fit in equally well in both small, dynamic companies and larger organisations.
Graduates have secured jobs in a variety of sectors including automotive, domestic appliances, design consultancy, electronics, packaging, materials handling, polymers, renewables, aerospace and medical devices.
Companies employing recent graduates include Glen Dimplex, Dyson, Lotus, Survitec, Rockwell Collins, Terex, Leckey Design, Seven Technologies, Whale, JLR, Randox, Andor, Kingspan Environmental, Nacco, Intel and Accenture.
Whilst the vast majority of graduates are employed in product design or design engineering, some others have developed careers in other sectors such as management and education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Studies
- Mechanics of Materials
- Design and Manufacturing
- Design & Prototyping Projects
- Maths and Computing
- Manufacturing Technology
- Laboratory Programme
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design General Engineering & Technology View 1128 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- ABB including Mathematics and at least one from Physics (preferred), Biology, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Technology and Design or Double Life & Health Sciences.
- H3H3H3H3H3H3/H2H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H3 in Mathematics and at least one from Physics (preferred), Biology or Chemistry
- Successful completion of Access Course with 80% in each module.
- Must be a relevant Access Course including two modules in Mathematics (Level 3) and two modules in Physics and/or Chemistry (Level 3).
- 33 points overall, including 6,5,5 at Higher Level, including Mathematics and Physics (preferred), Biology or Chemistry
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4630 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £4,630
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £4,630
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £9,250
- EU Other - £22,000
- International - £22,000
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.