With a primary focus on hands-on work in a laboratory setting, students hone important critical thinking and analytical skills.
Students at Biochemistry and Forensic Science (Combined Honours) offered by British Columbia Institute of Technology will conduct both academic and applied research, as well as forensic testing, and learn to communicate their results effectively. Graduates finish job-ready with the skills needed to become future leaders in the exciting forensic science and biochemistry industries.About the Forensic Science (Combined Honours) program
- Four-year Bachelor of Science Combined Honours program
- Year 1 at UBC taking first-year science courses
- Years 2 to 4 at both UBC and BCIT
- Year 4 conduct a Biochemistry Honours Thesis or take an Advanced Biochemical Techniques course
- Co-op placement is optional and can help expand your learning with practical work experience
- A truly interdisciplinary program involving two specializations from two exceptional institutions.
- Produces job-ready graduates for the expanding global science and forensic science industries.
- Graduates are able to be productive immediately in industry due to a combination of strong science foundation and applied training in forensics.
- Industry-recognized, transferable credential to further study at the graduate level for those who wish to go further.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Genetics, Evolution and Ecology
- Investigations in Life Sciences Lab
- Principles of Chemistry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Forensic Science Biochemistry View 141 other Masters in Biochemistry in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements must have been completed within the past three years
- Option 1: A minimum of 30.0 credits of first-year UBC courses or equivalent with a minimum 70 percent GPA
- A Criminal Record Check: Bring this letter to the police department
- Option 2: Transfer credit from another university that includes: two terms of first-year university courses (100 or 1000 level) in each of the following subjects:Chemistry (with lab), Mathematics (differential and integral calculus), one term of first year university courses (100 or 1000 level) in each of the following subjects: Biology, English
- Sufficient electives for an equivalent of 30.0 UBC credits
International745 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 745 USD per credit during 48 months.
National745 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 745 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.