Studying this three-year English - Chinese Translation and Interpreting (Hons) degree from Swansea University opens up a range of exciting career opportunities by helping you develop skills, which are highly valued by employers.
During your degree you will study practical training modules in our computer labs, with leading software tools, so you can undertake computer-assisted translation in your profession.
You will experience an external virtual learning environment through mobile apps and online videos and class discussions, group work, role-play and translation projects which will ensure you have the right skills for the workplace.
Our graduates have careers in translation and interpreting for business organisations, education, media and public relations, government and public services. Translators work in a variety of environments from freelance to in-house with established companies.
- Advanced English for Academic Purposes
- Advanced English 1 - Media and Public Relations
- Concepts in Translation and Interpreting
- Grammar and Meaning in Translation and Interpreting
- English-Chinese Translation Workshop 1 (Journalism and Marketing)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 1725 other Bachelors in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement. We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.