This Performing Arts (Theatre Design) course from the Atlantic Technological University prepares graduates for work in the expanding stage and screen industries.
The emphasis is on developing imagination, creativity and visual awareness along with interpretive and collaborative skills. Specific disciplines include film, TV, dance, performance art and music video. You will collaborate with professional directors, prepare a portfolio of work and exhibit in the graduation exhibition.
Graduates with Performing Arts (Theatre Design) from Institute of Technology Sligo will develop skills in:
- spatial awareness, visual research, text and character analysis, model-making, costume design, technical drawing and performance design.
- performance design disciplines, including visual research and awareness; text and character analysis; spatial exploration; costume design and model-making; technical drawing and digital imaging for stage and film.
- Literature: The Critical Voice
- Voice and Movement
- Greek Theatre
- Experimental Literature, Drama and Writing
- Facilitation and Drama
- Modernism in Drama and Literature
- Digital Media for Performing Arts
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 22 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of 4 grade Ds at Ordinary Level and 2 Grade C3s at Higher Level.
- Leaving Certificate subjects must include English or Irish. Mathematics is not required for this course.
- We require a minimum of 140 points for all Level 8 courses.
International10500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 EUR per year during 36 months.
Student Contribution Fee: €3000
Living costs for Sligo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.