Mathematics is the universal language of science. It is one of the most powerful tools for analysis and problem solving known to mankind. It is therefore no coincidence that mathematical skills, in one form or another, pervade our modern technological society.
Mathematical modelling is a fundamental activity undertaken by mathematicians in many areas of industry and commerce. Well-qualified mathematicians and statisticians are therefore in great demand in a wide range of careers. This makes mathematics an excellent choice as a degree subject.
Graduates from this Mathematics programme at Queen's University Belfast are well regarded by many employers (local, national and international) and over half of all graduate jobs are now open to graduates of any discipline, including mathematics.
Although the many of our graduates are interested in pursuing careers in teaching, banking and finance, significant numbers develop careers in a wide range of other sectors. The following is a list of the major career sectors that have attracted our graduates in recent years:
- Management Consultancy
- Export Marketing (NI Programme)
- Fast Stream Civil Service
- Varied graduate programmes (Times Top 100 Graduate Recruiters/AGR, Association of Graduate Recruiters UK)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysis and Calculus
- Mathematical Modelling
- Numbers, Vectors and Matrices
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Probability & Statistics
- Statistical and Operational Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 26 January - the 'equal consideration' deadline for this course.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 222 other Bachelors in Applied Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- AAA including Mathematics
- A* (Mathematics) AB
- H2H2H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H2 in Mathematics
- Not considered. Applicants should apply for the BSc Mathematics degree.
- 36 points overall including 6,6,6 at Higher Level including Mathematics. If not offered at Higher Level/GCSE then Standard Level grade 4 in English would be accepted
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4530 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,530
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,530
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £17,400
- International £17,400
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.