In the English, Media and Cultural Studies (Hons) program at Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology you will explore culture and gain insight into how it affects our daily lives. You will study literary works, media texts, film, television and visual cultures. If you are passionate about literature and the media, this degree is the perfect opportunity to develop your media literacy and refine your ability to make critically-reasoned arguments.
What will I do?
- Study a range of literary works, looking at their history, genre and themes.
- Explore the history of Film & Television and learn how to critique and analyse them.
- Examine the connections between Literature, Cinema and Television.
- Develop skills in Critical and analytical thinking.
- Broaden your knowledge of culture.
- Investigate the relationship between representation, culture and politics.
- Learn to write for different media platforms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern English Literature
- Critical Theory
- Cinema and Cultural Studies
- Media Studies
- Urban Literatures
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Media Studies & Mass Media View 40 other Bachelors in Language Studies in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective international undergraduate students must apply to the CAO by the relevant closing dates.
- When we assess applications we establish qualification equivalencies to ensure that each applicant meets the required academic threshold for entry.
- Certified transcripts and English translations of qualifications not issued originally in English must be submitted with your CAO application.
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Dún Laoghaire
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.