What will I do?
- Gain the professional competence to master specific skills and techniques such as: sculpting/modelling, casting, CNC cutting, laser cutting, 3D printing, technical fabrication and digital modelling/animation, design and presentation.
- Benefit from a practical, hands-on approach to every module.
- Get the opportunity to work within different aspects of real modelmaking practice.
What will I be able to do when I graduate?
Graduates of the 3D Design, Modelmaking and Digital Art (Hons) program at Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology work as model makers on feature films or commercials; display/model makers for interactive exhibits such as museums; event designers/fabricators for entertainment events; and in a variety of other roles, including art director; architectural modeller; art teacher; creature developer/character animator for games and/or animation; digital matte artist; digital FX supervisor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 2D/3D Studies
- Technical Modelling
- Architectural Modelling
- Prototype Modelling
- Digital Studies 2D (Photoshop, AutoCAD)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective international undergraduate students must apply to the CAO by the relevant closing dates.
- When we assess applications we establish qualification equivalencies to ensure that each applicant meets the required academic threshold for entry.
- Certified transcripts and English translations of qualifications not issued originally in English must be submitted with your CAO application.
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Dún Laoghaire
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.