The language modules explore language structure and function; the day-to-day use of language, including in the media; and the major influences that have shaped English over the last millennium and a half.
- Studying for an English and Linguistics at Queen's University Belfast will assist you in developing the core skills and employment-related experiences that are valued by employers, professional organisations and academic institutions.
- Graduates from this degree at Queen’s are well regarded by many employers (local, national and international) and over half of all graduate jobs are now open to graduates of any discipline, including English. In particular, employers value the initiative, imagination, creativity and independence of thought fostered by the English degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English in Transition
- English in Context
- English Language
- Adventures in Literature and the History of Ideas
- Creative Writing
- History of English: Studying Language Change
- The English Language: Language and Power
- Foundations for Speech Analysis: The Phonetics of English
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 26 January - the 'equal consideration' deadline for this course.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 857 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- ABB including A-level English
Irish leaving certificate requirements
- H3H3H3H3H3H3/H2H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H3 in English
- Successful completion of Access Course with an average of 70% including an average of 65% in Literature modules.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- 33 points overall, including 6,5,5 at Higher Level, including English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4530 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,530
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,530
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £17,400
- International £17,400
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.