The language modules explore language structure and function; the day-to-day use of language, including in the media; and the major influences that have shaped English over the last millennium and a half.
- Studying for an English and Linguistics at Queen's University Belfast will assist you in developing the core skills and employment-related experiences that are valued by employers, professional organisations and academic institutions.
- Graduates from this degree at Queen’s are well regarded by many employers (local, national and international) and over half of all graduate jobs are now open to graduates of any discipline, including English. In particular, employers value the initiative, imagination, creativity and independence of thought fostered by the English degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of English: Studying Language Change
- The English Language: Language and Power
- Foundations for Speech Analysis: The Phonetics of English
- Mapping the Anglo-Saxon World
- Havoc and Rebellion: Writing and Reading Later Medieval England
- Shakespeare and Co
- Fiction to Austen (1660-1820)
- Inventing America
- Romantic Poetry (1789-1832)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 1669 other Bachelors in Languages in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- ABB including A-level English
- Note: for applicants who have not studied A-level English then AS-level English (grade A) would be acceptable in lieu of A-level English.
- H3H3H3H3H3H3/H2H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H3 in English
- Successful completion of Access Course with an average of 70% including an average of 65% in Literature modules.
- 33 points overall, including 6,5,5 at Higher Level, including English
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours Degree, provided any subject requirement is also met
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4630 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,630
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,630
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £17,900
- International £17,900
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.