Medicinal chemistry is a specialized area of chemistry with an emphasis on the study of drug design, drug synthesis, and pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis.
At the Medicinal Chemistry program at Illinois Institute of Technology:
You will learn to apply biological, chemical, and data science to computer-aided design, synthesis, evaluation, and analysis of structurally diverse drugs for the detection, treatment, and cure of human diseases.
You will learn various hands-on techniques by taking lab courses customized for industrial needs in addition to standard lecture-based courses.
You will be trained for chemical and instrumental analysis, drug design and synthesis, separation and purification of small molecules and biomolecules, pharmaceutical quality control and assurance, and understanding of drug action and safety.
The only program of its kind in Illinois, and one of only a handful in the country, Illinois Tech’s B.S. in medicinal chemistry will provide you with the technical skills to develop a career in biomedical science, bioanalytical science, biotechnology, medicine, or pharmaceutical science.
You will conduct undergraduate research under the direction of chemistry faculty working on cutting-edge medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry including cancer drug discovery, computational drug design and modeling, and microscopic characterization of biomaterials for regenerative medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic Chemistry
- General Biology Lectures
- Human Biology
- Multivariate and Vector Calculus
- General Physics
- Analytical Chemistry
- Introduction to Differential Equation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Chemistry Biology View 1825 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.