You will learn chemical and molecular modeling and simulation, computational chemical biology, computational drug design, Big Data in chemistry and biochemistry, and computational methods for data analytics.
You will be prepared to advance in the rapidly growing fields of computational and data science, gaining a strong background in traditional chemistry areas combined with relevant and advanced skills in experimental and computational science.
Illinois Tech is the only university to offer a comprehensive computer-related chemistry and biochemistry program with course requirements covering chemical and biochemical science, computational techniques, and data science.
At the Computational Chemistry and Biochemistry program at the Illinois Institute of Technology you will have an opportunity to conduct undergraduate research at the Pauling Computer Lab, designed for computational biochemistry, computer-aided drug design, quantum chemistry, and molecular modeling and simulation by the Department of Chemistry and College of Science.
With this degree, you might work in a computational modeling and informatics group for drug discovery in the pharmaceutical industry or be a data analyst or a data scientist in government or academia, the private sector, a medical institute, or a research organization. You also can pursue graduate studies in computational chemistry, biochemistry, big data science, statistics, pharmaceutical science, or computer science and earn an M.S. degree or Ph.D.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- Intro to Computer Programming Computing Principles
- General Physics
- Organic Chemistry
- General Biology Lectures
- Human Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 2521 other Masters in Biology in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.