The Bachelor of Theology from University of Otago can also be completed via Distance Learning. Students are required to take papers in various Theology subjects areas and are also able to include up to five papers from outside Theology in their degree programme.
The degree does not have provision for major or minor subjects, but may be endorsed in Biblical Studies, Christian Thought and History, or Pastoral Studies.
Students are taught by research-active scholars, are expected to undertake a variety of learning experiences and are challenged to develop their intellectual independence. Graduates of the programme are well-informed about the key themes of and approaches to the different areas of study which are encompassed by the subject areas of Theology and have the ability to integrate learning across the range of subject areas of Theology.
- Interpreting the Old Testament
- Interpreting the New Testament
- The History of Christianity
- Doing Theology
- God and Ethics in the Modern World
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 7 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Baccalaureate: IB Diploma with a minimum 26 points.
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) GCE Advanced Levels: minimum Numerical Score of 8.
- The numerical scores are normally calculated on the best three A-Level principal subjects (excluding the General Paper) taken at one sitting, or two A-Level passes with two A-Level Subsidiary passes at one sitting.
International20571 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20571 USD per year during 36 months.
National4396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4396 USD per year during 36 months.
- National: $6,093.00
- International: $28,512
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.