This is complemented by hands-on experience through professional experience placements, which help you gain the skills and attitudes required to become a registered pharmacist in Australia.
Pharmacists play a central part in primary health care teams. Working alongside doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, they're essential in helping people manage their health.
As a Pharmacy with Applied Honours from University of Tasmania student you will study various topics influencing human health such as:
- the role of a pharmacist
- how medications and their dosages are made
- how medications work in the human body
- using medications and other means to prevent and manage medical conditions
The Bachelor of Pharmacy with Applied Honours is accredited with the Australian Pharmacy Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Chemistry Hobart
- Pharmacy Skills in Practice
- Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Development
- Pharmaceutical Science and Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Health Sciences View 288 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to undergraduate courses at the University of Tasmania requires the completion of qualifications equivalent to the 12th year in Australia. Some courses also require the completion of pre-requisite subjects, such as Mathematics or Chemistry.
International36828 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147312 AUD for the full programme during 48 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.