About the program
The programs are designed to build imaginative critical thinkers prepared to meet the needs of a dynamic and complex global community.
The psychology department’s diverse faculty and staff are committed to cultivating an appreciation of cultural differences and using our everyday interactions in class and on campus as opportunities for deep thinking and learning. UWest’s emphasis on whole-person education aims to cultivate psychology graduates who can consider the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and creative needs of their patients and to work with them to develop innovative solutions.
Course offerings in psychology include introductory and advanced instruction in both Western and Eastern systems of psychological theory and practice. The learning outcomes for the Psychology program at University of the West are informed by the American Psychological Association’s 10 Optimal Guidelines for the Undergraduate Psychology Major, as well as the university’s institutional learning outcomes.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Psychological Tests and Measurements
- Cross Cultural Psychology
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Psychology of Religion
- Integrative Psychology of Living and Dying
- Advanced Topics in Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Counselling Psychology View 2050 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of the West and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application – Complete the UWest online application
- $100 Application fee – This is non-refundable and may be made by check or credit card. Please make checks out to: University of the West.
- Personal Statement – A 400-500 word essay answering the question, “What skills and attitudes do you believe are necessary for a successful life?”
- Official Transcripts – Copies of your high school transcript and transcripts from all universities you’ve attended. Transcripts must be sealed and sent directly from the school(s) to the Enrollment Office.
- Diploma – Copies of official high school diploma, or its equivalent.
- Official documents
- English Proficiency Verification
- Documentation of Finances
International12912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12912 USD per year during 48 months.
National12912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12912 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Rosemead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.