Studying with us, you’ll build the discipline and creativity required to make a meaningful contribution to the field. Inspired by our Learning-By-Making tradition, your studies will be hands-on and filled with authentic interactions and real-world scenarios.
It will allow you to develop skills and practices that enable entry into design practice and a pathway to the profession.
The Architecture and Built Environments program from University of Tasmania is a pre-professional course designed to ensure our graduates have the competencies necessary to gain admission to the Master of Architecture and equivalent courses in design fields addressing the built environment.
Core units within the program develop rigorous and creative thinking, and provide a grounding in sustainable and ethical practice. Choice Units and Electives enable you to design your portfolio and skill set, allowing entry into careers and pathways in your field of interest.
Our graduates are known for their principled attitude and hands-on skills. They are also celebrated for their technological awareness, and their focus on creating environmentally and socially conscious design solutions.
Careers relating to Architecture are growing, with employers demanding strong design skills across construction and building industries. Here are some of the top careers projected to grow in the next five years:
- Architectural, Engineering and Technical Services forecast to increase by 14.6 per cent by 2024
- Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians is one of the largest growing occupations in the Construction industry, forecast to increase by 19.5 per cent by 2024.
Our graduates have very transferable skills, and have pursued careers in fields such as:
- building design
- construction and project management
- environmental and government policy
- disaster relief and international aid
- exhibition and event design
- architectural consultancy
- object design
- digital fabrication
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architecture Studio: Space
- Architecture Technology: Materials and Making
- Architecture Studio: Place
- Architecture Technology: Performance and Principles
- Visualising Design
- Representing Architecture
- Architecture Theory: Built Environments
- Architecture Studio: Form
- Architecture Theory: The Canon
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Environmental Sciences View 68 other Bachelors in Architecture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to undergraduate courses at the University of Tasmania requires the completion of qualifications equivalent to a 12th year of education in Australia.
Please review the equivalent undergraduate entry requirements to see the minimum requirement relevant to your country. The ATAR information for this course is located in the “For Domestic Students” section of the entry requirements on this page.
You can also meet the General Entry Requirement for this course with the following qualifications or prior studies:
- Completion of an equivalent AQF Certificate IV or above
- Complete or incomplete (minimum 25 credit points) of previous tertiary study at Bachelor level or higher
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34116 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 102350 AUD for the full programme during 36 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.