It provides the knowledge and skills required to safely manage and operate vessels. Course content includes navigation and vessel handling, cargo and passenger transport, vessel management, marine legislation and shipboard safety.
The program is designed to integrate with professional short courses and training at sea so that successful students will not only obtain an Advanced Diploma or Bachelor Degree but also a Certificate of Competency issued by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA).
This degree provides additional knowledge and skills that will be of benefit to students seeking a career ashore.
The degree will also equip professional deck officers with the additional knowledge and skills that they are likely to require to take up senior shore-based professional positions such as:
- Senior position in a shipyard
- Fleet manager in a shipping company
- Crew manager / shipping agent
- Marine superintendent or safety manager in a shipping company
- Product, R&D, sales and service managers in companies supplying maritime equipment
- Surveyor in a Classification Society
- Marine Surveyor with a Port State Control authority such as AMSA
- Work in Marine insurance companies
- Mediators / Arbitrators
- Maritime Education and Training, research and teaching positions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Marine Navigation
- Shipboard Operations
- Marine Communications (Signals)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Personal Survival Techniques
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesTransport Management Marine Engineering Transportation Engineering View 17 other Bachelors in Marine Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Satisfactory completion of:
- Australian Year 12 (or equivalent) with a pass in Mathematics Applied (or equivalent)
- Australian Year 12 (or equivalent) Physics or Chemistry or a Physical Science subject (Tasmania only).
- Australian Year 10 pass in English (or equivalent)
- International students require IELTS of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.0 in each band (or equivalent)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.