The Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology of University of the Potomac-VA Campus provides theoretical understanding and technical expertise in developing and managing an organization’s technical resources. These resources include logical, physical, human and financial resources. Subject areas covered include cyber security, computer forensics, networks and operating systems, project management, and management of information technology.
Employment and output in computer systems design and related services are projected to grow rapidly over the next decade, outpacing similar professional, scientific, and technical industries and the economy as a whole. Between 2010 and 2020, output in computer systems design and related services is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 6.1 percent, compared with 3.6 percent for the broad industry category—professional, scientific, and technical services—and 2.9 percent for all industries.
- Computer and Office Applications
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Data Communication and Networking
- Programming and Logic
- Survey of Operating Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology View 884 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an admissions interview conducted in person or via online methods.
- Sign and submit an attestation of high school (or equivalent) completion.
- Equivalencies include a GED Certificate. Home schooled students must present a diploma that meets the requirements of the state in which it was issued. (Students with non-US credentials please see International Student Admissions Requirements below).
- Submit a completed application
- Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended to be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration, University of the Potomac.
- Submit grade reports or scores from any recognized college equivalency examinations (e.g., CLEP, DANTES, and Advanced Placement).
- Submit military training documents. (Note: An ACE military evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for military training.)
International15012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7506 USD per semester during 48 months.
National6660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3330 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.