The mission of Hospitality and Tourism programme of University of the Potomac-VA Campus is to prepare students for managerial positions in the dynamic and increasingly global hospitality and tourism industry, as well as for the development of human resources in this field.
Graduates are able to enter professional positions in tourism, hospitality, restaurant, and event management fields such as convention and visitors’ centers, destination management organizations, conference centers, resorts, casinos, hotels, theme parks, theaters, restaurants, and clubs. Field work experience permits students to draw the links between theory taught in the classroom and practice observed in the field, thus improving their education and skills.
Students will acquire the skills needed to lead a financially sound business, develop strong management skills and develop sound business strategies. In addition, students learn about tourism’s impact on resources and communities, and develop strategies that will ensure a more sustainable future for the industry.
Fieldwork experience permits our students to draw the links between theory and practice, improving their education and skills. For that reason, students complete two internships in the hospitality and tourism field toward the end of their degree program. This integration of theory and practice forms the foundation of our curriculum design and instructional delivery
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Digital World
- Environmental Science and Sustainability
- Principles of Psychology
- Hotel Property and Facilities Management
- Hotel Front Office Management
- Housekeeping Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 198 other Bachelors in Tourism & Leisure in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an admissions interview conducted in person or via online methods.
- Sign and submit an attestation of high school (or equivalent) completion.
- Equivalencies include a GED Certificate. Home schooled students must present a diploma that meets the requirements of the state in which it was issued. (Students with non-US credentials please see International Student Admissions Requirements below).
- Submit a completed application
- Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended to be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration, University of the Potomac.
- Submit grade reports or scores from any recognized college equivalency examinations (e.g., CLEP, DANTES, and Advanced Placement).
- Submit military training documents. (Note: An ACE military evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for military training.)
International15012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7506 USD per semester
National6660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3330 USD per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.