The growth in scale, demands and sophistication of veterinary practices has created a significant market for the services of veterinary nurses. The Veterinary Nursing at Athlone Institute of Technology plays an essential role in the running of a modern veterinary practice.
Their roles can be in an advisory capacity, such as advising clients about husbandry, kennel and stable management and responsible pet ownership. Veterinary Nurses are involved in the running of diagnostic tests within the clinic such as diagnostic imaging and blood testing. AIT was a leader in developing a veterinary nursing degree in Ireland. Since the programme was introduced, it has consistently been one of the most popular degrees offered by AIT. The high level of demand is testament to the quality of the AIT degree and the nature of the education provided.
- Practice Placement,
- Companion Animal Husbandry,
- Mathematics for Scientists,
- Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology
- Introductory Veterinary Nursing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Nursing View 47 other Bachelors in Nursing in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Laboratory-based science subject at Grade H6 in higher level or 03 in ordinary level, plus four subjects at Grade 06 at ordinary level, to include Mathematics and a language (English or Irish). Mature applicants who apply via CAO and who are shortlisted will be required to sit an aptitude test. Based on these results, successful candidates will be interviewed.
- QQI Level 5 award in any discipline in addition to the following three Leaving Certificate requirements
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.